Riot Games, the developers behind Teamfight Tactics (TFT), have constantly been updating the game since its release back in 2019, adding in new content and fixing any bugs or issues that have surfaced since the previous update. And well, they are back with yet another update, titled Patch 11.15 – Reckoning: Dawn of Heroes.
Patch 11.15 – Reckoning: Dawn of Heroes
This all-new patch for TFT is set to feature a ton of new content, including new traits, champions, and mechanics. And that’s just half of it. Check out the complete patch notes for the all-new patch down below:
Rise Of The Sentinels
“The Sentinels are struggling in their fight against Viego. Those LoL players can’t handle the Black Mist without us, so it’s time to recruit players with a pension for tactics…Teamfight Tactics.”
Starting this patch, there’ll be an infinitely repeating mission that awards Sentinels points for playing games, including games of TFT. And you don’t even have to run the Sentinel trait.
Note: Since we’re doing this mid-event, the missions are hidden, but the faster rate of progress should be immediately noticeable.
- New Mission: Play 1 PVP matchmade game of Summoner’s Rift, ARAM, Ultimate Spellbook, or Teamfight Tactics (excluding Hyper Roll) to earn 600 Rise of the Sentinels points. This mission can be repeated infinitely. It won’t appear in your Missions log.
- Activates: With Chapter III of Rise of the Sentinels this week
Grandmaster and Challenger Ranked: Let the Race of Heroes Begin!
“Just like Festival of Beasts, Grandmaster and Challenger are unlocked immediately, allowing for the true zero-to-hero competition. Challenger and Grandmaster are still limited to the top accounts on each server, but players must have at least 200 LP in Master to reach Grandmaster and at least 500 LP in Grandmaster to reach Challenger. Good luck gettin’ your name placed right under mine!”
Reckoning Ranked Stage II begins this patch!
- Your rank has been “soft” reset down one tier below your current standings. For example, if you are currently in Gold II, you will now be in Silver II.
- If you are very good at this game and currently placed in Master or above, you will be reset to Diamond 4.
- You will get five provisional matches after the reset, meaning you will not lose any LP for sub-top-four placements in your first five ranked games of the new stage. You’ll also gain some extra LP for finishing top four, so best of luck!
- Ranked rewards for the first half of Reckoning will be distributed in patch 11.16 for those Shadow Item enthusiasts who made it to Gold or higher.
Hyper Roll Tiers
- Emote rewards will be earned for players that reach Blue, Purple, and Hyper tier before patch 11.15.
- Hyper Roll tiers will not be hard reset. Instead, anyone at Blue or higher will go to the bottom of Blue.
- The rewards for Hyper Roll will come in patch 11.16 alongside the rest of the ranked rewards for the first half of Reckoning.
“Thanks to an incredibly good-looking author, we already have a deep dive article on the new mechanics, but I’ll add a short summary below for your convenience cause I’m so humble and nice.”
“With Shadow Items gone, we have an all-new set of extremely powerful items, Radiant Items!”
- Radiant Items are more powerful versions of regular items that should alter your win condition based on the one you choose.
- Choose one Radiant Item from five choices at the 3-6 Armory. You’ll only get one, so choose wisely!
“It’s time to bless this mess.”
- The Divine Blessing drops when your Little Legend dips below 40 health.
- The Divine Blessing grants a high amount of immediate value, offering a combination of the following: items (components), gold (moves everything around me), consumables, Spatula, champions
- All players will get the same essential content in their Blessing. We are all equally blessed in the eyes of URF.
Tome of Traits
“The newest consumable to hit the books, I mean orbs, can allow you to make Viego into a Sentinel or Lucian into a Forgotten. Just imagine where reading can take you? At least to the end of this sentence.”
- The Tome has a chance of dropping from the Divine Blessing, but you may also find some books to “borrow” from PvE encounters. Who knew those Krugs were so literate?
- The Tome of Traits can be sold to bring up a shop of four emblems to choose from. These emblems can be for any trait, including ones that can’t be built by Spatulas. That’s just the magic of a good book!
“Removing the 4 gold low roll start. Adding more variety to high rolls with the addition of the Tome of Traits.”
- Lowered the average number of bonus orbs slightly
- Increased Small Orbs Average Value: 2.54 ⇒ 3gold
- Small Orbs containing two 1-cost champs ⇒ three 1-cost champs
- Small Orbs containing one 2-cost champ ⇒ one 2-cost champ + 1 Gold
- Small Orbs containing 2 Gold ⇒ 3 Gold
- Medium Orbs Average Value: 5.72 ⇒ 5.6 gold
- Medium Orbs now have a chance to contain 3-cost + 2-cost drop
- Medium Orbs containing Neeko + 2-cost champ ⇒ Neeko + 2-cost champ + 1g
- Gold Orbs can now drop the Tome of Traits
- Gold Orbs containing Spatula and Neeko’s Help drop rate lowered slightly
- Minimum items received is now 10 components + 1 Radiant Item after the 4-7 Raptor Round.
“We increased the odds of the 4-2 Armory to 100% but pulled back from 5-2 to compensate. The removal of components from 5-2 is our way of saying, “Raptors will be the last place to get components.””
- 2-2 Armory is now 2 standard components
- 3-2 is moved to 3-6 and is now 5 Radiant Items
- 4-2 Armory is now guaranteed, as either 2 components, 3 components, or 3 components + 1 special item.
- 5-2 Armory is slightly less likely, and will never contain components.
- 6-2 and 7-2 Armories are unchanged.
- Stage 5 Carousel can now sometimes contain Componentless (unbuildable) Emblems
- Stage 6+ Carousels can now sometimes be all full items
- Stage 6+ Carousels can now sometimes contain Componentless (unbuildable) Emblems
“It’s an odd change. There’s one less 3-cost in the set.”
- 58 total Champions ⇒ 57 total Champions
- 5 sec added to planning timers in the following Stages: 3-1, 5-2, 6-2, 6-3
- Gold income in Stage 7: 6 gold ⇒ 8 gold
- Gold income in Stage 8 and onward: 6 gold ⇒ 9 gold
- 4-1 Armory is likely but not guaranteed and offers either 3 components or 3 components + 1 special item
- 5-2 Armory is now 5 Radiant Items
- 6-3 Armory is likely if there is no Armory on 4-1 and has the same offer structure as 4-1
- Other armories are unchanged
New Champions And Traits
“Locked and loaded on every fifth shot, Cannoneer champions deal a percent of that shot’s damage in an explosion around the target as physical damage. Here’s who’s packing the heat:”
- Senna: Tier 1 Sentinel
- Tristana: Tier 2 Hellion
- Miss Fortune: Tier 3 Forgotten
- Lucian: Tier 4 Sentinel
“At start of combat, the Sentinel with the highest Health gains a shield that grants Attack Speed each time it is applied. When the shield is destroyed or expires, it will pass to the ally with the lowest percent Health. Both the shield and the Attack Speed bonus will increase as you recruit more Sentinels.”
- Olaf: Tier 1 Skirmisher
- Senna: Tier 1 Cannoneer
- Irelia: Tier 2 Legionnaire, Skirmisher
- Pyke: Tier 2 Assassin
- Rakan: Tier 3 Renewer
- Galio: Tier 4 Draconic, Knigh
- Lucian: Tier 4 Cannoneer
- Akshan: Tier 5 Ranger
“At the start of combat, Inanimate champions summon Hallowed Mist that seeps through their surrounding 1 hexes for a few seconds, granting all allies within damage reduction from enemies outside of the mist.”
- Gwen: Tier 5 Mystic
“When a Victorious champion scores a kill, their next attack is empowered to deal 40% of the target’s missing Health as bonus magic damage.”
- Garen: Tier 5 Dawnbringer, Knight
“Debuting for the first time in TFT, Fiddlesticks replaces Ryze as an Abomination/Mystic, but also extends the Revenant trait tree!”
- Fiddlesticks: Tier 4 Abomination, Mystic, Revenant
“No witchcraft can rejuvenate these slayed traits.”
“These champs are so last set. Wish I could say they’d be mist.”
“The Monstrosity is now less of an Assassin, and more of a beefcake. With Shadow Items gone, Forgotten champions are more likely to remember victorious combats than old set mechanics.”
- Abomination REWORKED: The Monstrosity’s Health and AD increases by 20% each Stage, starting from: Abomination 3: Stage 3, Abomination 4: Stage 4, Abomination 5: Stage 5
- Ally Deaths Required for the Monstrosity to emerge: 3 ⇒ 2
- The Monstrosity now deals 150/200/250 magic damage in the area where it stops charging
- The Monstrosity Enrage Lifesteal: 40% ⇒ 60%
- The Monstrosity Enrage Lifesteal no longer scales off of A
- The Monstrosity EnrageDuration: 3 ⇒ 5 seconds
- The Monstrosity Armor & MR: 40/65/75 ⇒ 40/50/60
- The Monstrosity Health: 1000/1600/2200 ⇒ 1000/1400/1800
- The Monstrosity Attack Damage: 100/140/180 ⇒ 70/80/9
- The Monstrosity Health Per Star Level: 100/160/220 ⇒ 100/140/180
- The Monstrosity Attack Damage Per Star Level: 10/14/18 ⇒ 7/8/9
- Forgotten REWORKED: (2/4/6/8) Forgotten champions gain bonus Attack Damage & Ability Power. Each victorious combat they participate in increases the bonus by 10%, stacking up to 5 times.
“With traits becoming more difficult (or easier) to hit at different breaking points, we have to make sure that each trait tier feels as powerful as it is difficult to achieve. For example, Nightbringer 8 is now incredibly hard to hit, requiring what are now componentless emblems, while also losing out on Darius. To match the difficulty of achieving Nightbringer 8, we’re making it feel like a true high-roll moment by almost doubling its power! TLDR, Nightbringer 8 should feel like a first, but trying to hit it might end up too hard to achieve.”
- Assassin Critical Strike Chance: 10/30/60 ⇒ 20/40/75%
- Assassin Critical Strike Damage: 25/55/90 ⇒ 30/50/70
- Brawler 6 added, Health: 400/1000/1600
- Dawnbringer Max Health Heal: 30/60/90/130% ⇒ 30/55/80/120%
- Dawnbringer Healing Ticks: 10/20/25/30 ⇒ 10/15/20/25
- Dawnbringer damage amp per proc: 12% ⇒ 10%
- Draconic Average Value of 3 trait eggs: 3.25g ⇒ 3.14g
- Draconic Average Value of 5 trait golden eggs: 9.25g ⇒ 7g
- Hellion is now (2/4/6/8), Attack Speed changed to: 5/30/75/150%
- Ironclad Armor: 35/85/170 ⇒ 30/70/125
- Mystic 5 added, Magic Resist: 40/100/200 ⇒ 40/80/150/250
- Nightbringer Shield max Health scaling: 30/60/90/140 ⇒ 30/60/100/250
- Nightbringer Bonus Damage: 20/30/40/50% ⇒> 20/30/40/80%
- Ranger 6 added, Attack Speed: 75/180/400
- Redeemed AP/Armor/MR: 30/55/95 ⇒ 20/35/75
- Revenant 5 added, Revive with 10/25/45/70% Health, taking and dealing 25% more damage upon revival
- Skirmisher Shield Max Health Scaling: 25/45/75% ⇒ 20/40/100%
- Skirmisher bonus Attack Damage each second: 3/6/12 ⇒ 3/5/15
- Spellweaver Starting Ability Power: 25/55/85% ⇒ 25/55/100%
- Spellweaver Ability Power per Stack: 2/5/8 ⇒ 2/5/10
“Radiant Items and the multiplicative tankiness they provide make super tanks (Garen, Hecarim, Leona, etc.) impossible to kill. This hurts the viability of front-to-back comps and takes too much time out of URF’s day. Expect to see nerfs for many of our tanks below.”
- Aatrox Armor and Magic Resist: 30 ⇒ 35
- Leona Mana nerf: 0/60 ⇒ 0/80
- Leona Solar Barrier Damage Reduction: 30/60/250 ⇒ 30/50/200
“Beat it like a dead horse, or a pop song. Same diff. Alright MinionsRpeople2, simmer down.”
- Hecarim Max Mana nerf: 40/90 ⇒ 75/125
- Hecarim Spirit of Dread Damage: 250/350/500 ⇒ 200/400/600
- Hecarim Spirit of Dread Healing: 250/350/500 ⇒ 350/350/350
- Sejuani is now a Brawler in addition to her other traits (Nightbringer, Brawler, Cavalier). \
- Sejuani Fury of the North bonus Armor and Magic Resistance: 100/150/300 ⇒ 80/125/250
- Syndra Health: 550 ⇒ 600
- Syndra’s grabbed units with Force of Will are now untargetable
- Syndra Force of Will Damage: 300/400/600 ⇒ 250/350/600
- Varus Health: 550 ⇒ 600
“With Draconic 5 being easier to hit (thanks Galio!), we’re shipping nerfs to champions that were already strong before the trait was this easy to play.”
- Ashe Attack Damage: 65 ⇒ 60
- Ashe Mana nerf: 50/90 ⇒ 50/100
- Ashe Enchanted Arrow Damage: 300/450/750 ⇒ 300/450/650
- Ashe is no longer Verdant
- Lulu Attack Speed: 0.6 ⇒ 0.7
- Nunu Mana Adjustment: 0/75 ⇒ 30/90
- Zyra Grasping Roots Damage: 200/350/650 ⇒ 200/300/575
- Zyra Grasping Roots Stun Duration: 2/2.5/3 ⇒ 1.5/2/2.5 sec
- Aphelios Attack Damage: 75 ⇒ 65
- Aphelios Max Mana nerf: 0/90 ⇒ 0/150
- Aphelios Dark Vigil Attack Damage Scaling: 140/150/180% ⇒ 350/375/475%
- Aphelios Dark Vigil Base Damage: 125/150/300 ⇒ 150/200/400
- Aphelios Dark Vigil Number of Targets: 4/4/8 ⇒ 5/5/10
- Diana Health: 650 ⇒ 750
- Diana Attack Damage: 55 ⇒ 75
- Diana Attack Speed: 0.65 ⇒ 0.7
- Diana Mana buff: 80/160 ⇒ 70/140
- Diana Moonfall Damage: 250/350/1500 ⇒ 300/450/2000
- Diana is no longer a Dragonslayer (*looks at buffs above* she still slayin’ tho)
- Jax Health: 900 ⇒ 100
- Karma Soulflare Damage: 225/280/700 ⇒ 210/260/700
- Vel’koz Health: 650 ⇒ 700
- Garen God-King ⇒ Victorious
- Garen Mana nerf: 40/100 ⇒ 100/180
- Garen God-Lion’s Justice max Health percentage Damage: 20/25/200% ⇒ 25/30/200%
- Garen God-Lion’s Justice Shield Max Health Percent: 35/45/200% ⇒ 40/55/200
- Garen God-Lion’s Justice Shield Duration: 4 ⇒ 5 seconds
- Heimerdinger Upgrade!!! Damage: 500/650/7777 ⇒ 450/600/3333
- Kayle Ascension 1 True Damage: 90/100/1000% ⇒ 80/90/1000%
- Kayle is no longer Verdant
- Teemo Starting Mana buff: 0/60 ⇒ 30/60
- Teemo’s doppelhellion can now trigger Cruel’s passive. It’s a cruel, cruel, world.
“With Shadow items gone we swapped around some of the Emblems because it was more fun. Cause who doesn’t want to see Olaf as a Hellion/Cavalier?”
- Hellion Emblem can now be made with a Bow and Spatula (previously Legionnaire Emblem)
- Cavalier Emblem can now be made with a Vest and Spatula (previously Ironclad Emblem)
- Chalice of Power Ability Power: 25 ⇒ 30
- Dragon’s Claw REWORKED: Grants 200 bonus Magic Resist (including components). On being hit by magic or true damage from an Ability, launch a fireball at the Ability’s caster that deals magic damage equal to 30% of their max Health (1 second cooldown).
- Hand of Justice REWORKED: The holder gains both of the following: +10 AD and +10 AP and Attacks/Abilities heal for 10% of the damage dealt. At the start of each planning phase, one of these buffs is increased to 40(%).
- Infinity Edge ADDED EFFECT: Now also grants +10% Critical Strike Damage
- Titan’s Resolve REWORKED: Stacks are now granted on attack rather than on crit. Attack Damage and Ability Power per Stack: 3 ⇒ 2
- Trap Claw renamed to Banshee’s Claw
- Banshee’s Claw REWORKED: When combat begins, the holder and all allies within 1 hex(es) in the same row gain a shield that blocks the first enemy Ability. No longer Unique
- Zeke’s Herald Attack Speed: 25% ⇒ 30%
- They got the jump on me: Assassins will now properly jump slightly before other units move
- Tastes like fear: Teemo’s doppelhellion can now trigger the Cruel trait
- Not quite resolute: Fixed an issue where Titan’s Resolve could lose its stacks or stop stacking mid combat
- Sobriety test: Gragas’s Drunken Rage no longer ignores Banshee’s Claw
- Now I’m angry: Sejuani’s Fury of the North now properly deals damage to targets that are CC immune
That is it for now but stay tuned as we are going to be updating you all the information you need regarding TFT and its patches. TFT Patch 11.16 is set to launch on Wednesday, August 18, 2021. Until then, get into TFT and experience the all-new changes and additions.